Friday, 4 August 2017

Another New Blog

I have started a new blog "Inspire Me : Words To Live By".

I have been collecting quotes for years now, and I have a huge amount of them - binders upon binders of both hand written and typed quotes, book after book of quotes, quotes saved on my desktop computer, quotes saved on my laptop, quotes saved in a folder in my emails, quotes found online. I have so many, and they're actually unusable - because none of them are sorted into categories! Which means that, when I need a quote on a specific topic, I can never find one, and (you guessed it!) I have to go online to look up even more quotes!

I'm hoping that starting the new blog will force me into finally sorting out all the quotes, once and for all.

Eventually, I would like to write a little about the individual quotes, and what they mean to me, but that's a little way down the track yet. I was thinking, though, that I'd like to offer printable photo quotes - combining beautiful images with meaningful words - and I've done one so far, which you can see below:



If you like the look of this, head on over to the Inspire Me Blog to download it. (The image is in JPG format, and is 8 inches by 6 inches). There's only a couple of posts on the blog so far, so it's quite empty for now - but that will hopefully change quickly!



6 comments:

  1. Robyn, Thanks for sharing. I love that you have made this into a download b/c that makes it perfect for adding to a scrapbook page. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Becky! You probably saw that I included the image credit on the bottom border - I thought that would be the easiest way to ensure that the info stayed with the file.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous backdrop for a meaningful quote. Thank-you for sharing.
    I also collect quotes but did have them sorted and on an external drive, Can u guess what happened to my external? Yep, failed and so I am in process of trying to rebuild it all. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, Gayle! Unless someone's experienced a computer crash like that, they don't know how devastating it can be. Even if everything is backed up, there's still the frustrating - not to mention time-consuming - chore of getting things back to how you want them!

      Delete
  3. Robyn -- what a wonderful idea! Beautiful quote -- I started to collect some, too; never organized tho. I had even started a pinterest board thinking that would be a good place to save them (in case of a computer crash; which did happen to me, too!) Now, I'm focusing on organizing my digi-scrap files!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam.I'm experiencing internet problems at the moment (very slow & constant drop outs) so I haven't been able to upload anything else - I'm on my phone to write this as it has its own internet). Hopefully the problem will be fixed this week, so here's hoping!

      Delete

You Rock!

Are you one of Scrap Twist Blog Train's Facebook followers? Yes? Then you get an extra gift from our designers today! We have created &q...